Fiber laser cutting machine manufacturers explain the “Focus” in cutting
Today, the fiber laser cutting machine manufacturers of Klaus will take you to understand the diameter, position and Cross-sectional relationship:
1. Focal diameter: small diameter, narrow incision and small cutting thickness; large diameter, wide incision and large cutting thickness.
2. Focus position (determines the size of the spot on the workpiece surface and the shape of the cut, the appropriate position depends on the material type and thickness.)
(1) The focal position is the distance from the laser focal point to the surface of the workpiece, which directly affects the roughness of the cut surface, the slope and width of the slit, and the adhesion of molten residue.
(2) If the focus position is too advanced, this will cause too much heat absorbed by the lower end of the workpiece being cut, and under certain conditions of the cutting speed and auxiliary gas, it will cause the cut material to drink and the melted material near the slit to appear The liquid flows on the lower surface, and the melted material will adhere to the lower surface of the workpiece in a spherical shape after cooling.
(3) If the position lags, the heat absorbed by the lower section of the material to be cut is reduced, so that the material in the slit cannot be completely melted, and some sharp and short residues will adhere to the lower surface of the workpiece.