Five cautions for plasma cutting machine to avoid cutting defects
If you do not pay attention to the cutting operation of the plasma cutting machine, there will be cutting defects, how to grasp the cutting size? There are five points to share with you.
1. The top edge is rounded. Caused by the heat of the plasma arc on the top surface of the cut. Reasonable control of the cutting torch height can greatly reduce or eliminate the rounding phenomenon of the upper edge. Severe rounding of the upper edge usually indicates that the cutting height of the torch needs to be reduced.
2. Slag on the upper edge. The upper edge slag is caused by rapid cutting or the torch height is set too high. Slowing the cutting speed or reducing the cutting height of the torch can reduce the upper edge slag. The upper edge slag is easy to remove.
3. Slag hangs at the bottom. Molten metal may accumulate on the bottom of the sheet. The faster the cutting speed, the less the amount of material melting and the less the amount of slag accumulation at the bottom.If the bottom slag is easily removed, it indicates that the cutting speed is slow; while the bottom slag that is difficult to remove or even needs to be removed by polishing means that the cutting speed is too fast .
4. Incision. The cutting table lists the cutting width parameters and can be used as a reference for cutting programming. The width of the incision is related to the size of the mouth of the cutting nozzle. The higher the cutting current, the larger the width of the incision. In addition, the higher the height of the cutting gun, the larger the width of the incision.
5. Bevel angle. The bevel angle formed by high-precision cutting is in the range of 0-3 °, while ordinary plasma cutting will form a larger bevel angle. Correct and reasonable control of the cutting torch height can greatly reduce the size of the bevel angle of the bevel, and can also improve the width of the incision and the collapse of the upper edge and rounded corners. When cutting circles or corners, a slower cutting speed can be used to reduce the bevel angle.
After understanding these five points about the cutting defects of plasma cutting machine, we can complete the cutting operation better, and there are more details of cutting matters. Welcome to continue to pay attention to our website.